Thursday, July 27, 2006

Project Delay

I've barely crocheted at all for the past several weeks (hence the lack of posts). There's a very real reason - actually, two. First of all, 3 out-of-town trips in July (a few pictures posted on my other blog). Secondly, my landlord has finally agreed to fix my basement - which normally houses my office & craft room / TV room / guest room - which suffers from (among other things): collapsing walls, ceiling, and floor; inadequate lighting; and a door that will no longer open more than a few inches.

As you can tell from the pictures, progress has been made. New cement was poured two days ago in the floor-collapsing section. The ceiling and worst wall sections have been covered in new drywall (the old walls were plaster). In fact, I don't think the whole project looks particularly bad in these photos. My problem is that the area has looked like this for the past 2 weeks - they've maybe put in a total of 8 hours in the last 10 working days.

Meanwhile, the rest of my house, storing the contents of the basement, looks like this last photo. I can't wait to have space to move around, relax, and craft in! Against all odds I'm almost done with a baby sweater, but I promise the production will increase once the house is back in working order.

0 comments: