Thursday, March 23, 2006

Post-Book Blues

I'm having a lot of trouble focusing on crochet these days. Not so much getting around to doing it, but more deciding what I want to be making. Finishing the book took massive amounts of time and organization--I knew exactly what I had to do, and when I needed to do it, for nearly five months. Now, I can do whatever I want. It's almost too much pressure!

I spent my lunch hour at Stacey's today and picked out a few books for inspiration. I hate most of the crochet books that are getting published these days (so ugly) but I couldn't resist Candy Babies--the cover is adorable. The patterns inside look decent, too. I also picked up The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches. Perhaps the most useful book I had while writing the Crochet to Go Deck was an out-of-print stitch guide; I'm hoping that with two I'll really get good at this whole thing.

So what am I working on? I'm about to start a striped hat for Adam, am half-way through a baby blanket, just finished a baby hat, and am working on a clutch that didn't make the book (I chose a simpler design instead). Really need to focus...

0 comments: