Saturday, January 27, 2007

One Skein Scarf


IMG_1542.JPG
Originally uploaded by aliciamalia.

I finished this scarf a few weeks ago, along with the purple version pictured below. It has been really difficult to photograph - the yarn is a mix of orange and purples with a black metallic thread running through (Artful Yarn's Broadway). This picture doesn't quite do it justice, but it's close.

I wasn't a big fan of the yarn originally, but I love the finished result. It was a treat to be surprised by yarn for once - I usually work with solids, so the results are more predictable. This pattern (the One Skein Scarf from The Happy Hooker) is great - simple, fast, and yields an elegant scarf. I'm sad to give these two away, but I suppose I'll just have to make time to make one for myself.

Oh yeah - it takes more than one skein to finish the scarf.

0 comments: