Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Costumes

I'm really pleased with this year's efforts. Of course, I didn't make anything last year, so it was certainly easier to top nothing. Here's the whole path of events:

In August, Adam requested a pair of white fur pants to wear to Burning Man (nighttime wear; it gets cold out there in the desert.) I've never made pants before, but it was surprisingly easy. Here's what a few yards of fabric and two hours will get you.

October rolls around. We still have about a yard leftover of what I've been referring to as "chicken fur." Adam has been prepairing for a major presentation, leaving me with way too much time on my hands. Inspiration struck on the train last week - a chicken costume!

The entire costume is a single piece of fabric with elastic bands at the top and the bottom. I wrapped a blanket and two towels around my waist and secured with a belt to create the bulk. The hat is also a simple tube, secured at one end. The red top is felt, sewn at the base.

Finally, here's Adam again. We added a pair of horns to turn his fuzzy pants into a satyr costume.

0 comments: