Sunday, July 01, 2007
I finished the blanket last night. It turned out beautifully - the worsted weight yarn creates a very different looking pattern, almost floral in appearance (you can see Poppalina's original and the pattern here). I kept the border simple, just a series of single crochet rounds. I've decided to not give it as a baby gift after all - it will make a nice reading blanket/couch throw for an adult.
All told, this project took about 3 weeks. The pattern is varied enough to not get tedious, and it's a great way to use up leftover yarn.
Next up: a couple of hats for charity and a felted pillow case for my living room.